Morehead Memorial Hospital’s intensive coronary care unit (ICCU) is designed to provide specialized and concentrated nursing care to adult medical, surgical and cardiac patient who are critically ill or injured.
Because this unit provides care for those with special needs, visiting hours are limited so that care may be rendered and patients will have periods of rest.
- No visitation is allowed between the hours of 6 a.m. – 8 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. unless approved by the charge nurse.
- All visitation is dependent on the condition of the patient and/or procedure being completed.
- Short visit lengths are suggested to allow the patient to rest.
- Only two visitors are allowed at a time in the room, unless under special circumstances.
- No children under the age of 12 may visit, unless under special circumstances arranged with the charge nurse.
- No one is allowed to spend the night in the patient’s room, unless under special circumstances arranged with the charge nurse.
- No live plants or flowers are allowed in the patient’s room.
- Sleep will not be interrupted for visitation.
- If an emergency occurs during the visiting period, visitors will be asked to leave the unit.
- Clergy is allowed to visit as requested by the patient.