“Just holding up this sign feels like a miracle!”

CaptureTiffany Hjerpe (center right) couldn’t raise her right arm above her head or use it to pull the covers up when she went to bed at night. Years of hard work had taken its toll on her shoulder joint. Then an accident last year tore her rotator cuff. “I was ready for the pain to go away and to regain mobility in my arm,” Tiffany says.

Dr. Steven Case (right), an orthopedic surgeon with Morehead Memorial Hospital, performed surgery to repair the rotator cuff as well as a clavicle resection that removed a small part of Tiffany’s collarbone. “I was beyond impressed with Dr. Case and the surgery team,” Tiffany says. “I checked in at 7 a.m. and was home by lunch.”

Tiffany then began outpatient physical therapy at Morehead Memorial Hospital. “Jennifer Bunao (center left, PT, DPT, MSPT, director of rehabilitative services) and Jenny Hodges (left, PTA) were just wonderful! Today I have a full range of motion in my
shoulder. I can even pick up my new grandson and raise him in the air without any pain. I’ve worked in hospitals since I was 15. I’ve seen all levels of care, and I have to say the people at Morehead Memorial Hospital are top notch. Their compassion, knowledge and patient care have been such a blessing and encouragement to me. I truly believe I could not have received better care anywhere in the world!”