“Greensboro? I’d rather go to Morehead Memorial Hospital!”

Mary Patterson10 steps. That’s as far as Mary Patterson (center) could walk before the pain in her knees would force her to sit down and rest. “I was becoming a hindrance to everybody,” says Mary, who lives in Cascade, Virginia. “And the constant pain was just getting
worse and worse.”

Mary first considered going to Greensboro for surgery to remove bone spurs from her knees. “But I wanted to be close to home, so I chose Morehead Memorial Hospital,” she says.

Dr. Steven Case (left), a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, performed the two knee surgeries, one in March 2014 and the other in September, with Andrea Lanum, RN (seated), a surgery nurse, assisting. “I love Dr. Case,” Mary says. “He’s very good and thorough at explaining exactly what to expect before and after the surgery. I was either walking the same day or the day after the surgeries. And the care I received at the hospital was excellent.”

After both surgeries, Jennifer Bunao, PT, DPT, MSPT (right) Director of Rehabilitation Services and Amanda McKenna, PT, DPT (standing center), guided Mary through her recovery.

Today Mary says her knees feel great. “I’m walking almost a mile on the road where I live,” she says. “I’m so glad I chose Morehead Memorial Hospital. I’d rather go there than anywhere else because of the great care.”