“There’s more to Morehead than what you may think.”

Dee GordonDee Gordon (left) had originally planned to go to Greensboro for a colonoscopy, a test to check for colorectal cancer. But this time, instead of driving back and forth from Eden, Dee decided to stay close to home and see Dr. Christopher Benson (left), a
gastroenterologist with Morehead Memorial Hospital.

“Driving to Greensboro for medical care had become very inconvenient for me,” Dee says. “So I thought I would see what it would be like at Morehead Memorial Hospital.

“Dr. Benson is friendly and easy to talk to. He answered all of my questions and made me feel very comfortable. And the care I received during the colonoscopy (her results were normal) was excellent. My recent experiences at Morehead Memorial have really changed my view of the hospital. Last year, for example, when I was having discomfort in my chest, I went to Morehead Memorial and stayed overnight for observation. The care I received was great.”

Dee admits that she has not always had a good impression of Morehead Memorial Hospital. “But now, my opinion is totally positive,” Dee says. “I’ve already recommended Dr. Benson to a couple of my friends. People in our community need to know there’s much more to Morehead than what they may think.”